SFTP Trouble in scheduled compare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SFTP Trouble in scheduled compare

I have scheduled a compare from a local folder to an sftp server. This compare will not run under my user account. It will run under a user account that has no interactive login privileges.

I get the following error in the log when the compare runs:

Code:
    7/15/2011 1:07:46 PM  Connecting to [U]SERVER_NAME[/U]
    7/15/2011 1:07:47 PM  Server key [ssh-dss [U]KEY_THUMBPRINT[/U]]
    7/15/2011 1:07:47 PM  Connection failed: Attempted to open a "Unknown Host Key" dialog when running silently
    7/15/2011 1:07:47 PM  Attempted to open a "Unknown Host Key" dialog when running silently
    7/15/2011 1:07:47 PM  Load comparison: C:\LocalFolder\ <-> 
    7/15/2011 1:07:47 PM  Fatal Scripting Error: Unable to load base folder
    I tried copying the BCFtpProfiles.xml file (which supposedly has the Trusted Key list in it) from my profile to the profile of the other account but that did not help.

What can I do?

If you copy the files "BCFtpProfiles.xml" and "TrustedSSLCerts.p7b" from your account to the "%appdata%\scooter software\beyond compare 3" folder for the user account running the script, it should avoid the error.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

I don't have "TrustedSSLCerts.p7b" that I can find in my account.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. The TrustedSSLCerts is for FTPS connections; for SFTP everything needed should be in the BCFTPProfiles.xml.

If placing the settings files in the user's appdata directory is not working, let's try using a single directory install instead. This install uses the same settings for any user running it.

Run BC3's installer and install a Portable Install to a location that all users will have read/write access (example: C:\Beyond Compare 3). In your original install, use the Tools menu -> Export to export all of your settings, and then Import them into the Portable Install. Connect to the SFTP once using the graphical interface (as any user.)

Does using this install work for you?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
          Does using this install work for you?
          Yes, it does work when I do it this way.

I would guess now that the MS SQL Server Agent (a SQL Agent job is running this compare as part of a series of other tasks) is not loading the whole user profile as I expected it would.

Comment

Working...
          X