Execute permission dropped on executable PHP files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Execute permission dropped on executable PHP files

I keep getting bitten by this... I have a few executable PHP files and on those files, the executable permission is being cleared when copying from one side to the other in a folder compare:

Source file:

[~/public_html/tandem/tdom] # ls -l test_executable.php
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 redfe0 redfe0 32 Nov 7 09:39 test_executable.php

Copied to other side:

[~/public_html/tdom] # ls -l test_executable.php
    -rw-r--r-- 1 tande6 tande6 32 Nov 7 09:39 test_executable.php

How can I set up BC to copy all file permissions when copying files?

Hello,

BC3 normally tries to preserve permissions when it can. Are you able to right click and set the Attributes after the transfer?

Which OS are you running BC3 on, and where are you transferring to? Are you on Windows and connecting to an FTP, or is this a Linux transfer to a local or network harddrive? Do you have another method available to test to see if it is the destination that is setting these permissions?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Yes, I can right-click and set correct permissions after the transfer. I'm running BC 3.2.4 on Vista SP1 to move files between two Linux boxes via FTP, source is Red Hat 4.4.6-3, dest is Red Hat 4.1.2-50.

As far as an alternate method, command-line ftp between Linux boxes drops permissions, but it always does. Command-line sftp retains permissions.

Comment

Hello,

And you are currently also using the regular FTP in BC3 as well? If multiple clients are stripping off the attributes, this may be something the server does not support preserving during the transfer.

I would also recommend updating to the latest BC3 release (BC 3.3.8), to get any potential bug fixes and new features included with that version. All BC3.x updates are free for 3.x users, and you can update from our website or the Help menu -> Check for Updates.

Do you have BC3 Pro, which would also support SFTP? If you are licensed for Std, you can revert to trial mode to test Pro:
        http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...?zz=kb_evalpro

Does an SFTP transfer work in this case?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Wow! I updated to 3.3.8 and BC is no longer dropping the execute bit. Looks like my problem is solved, thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X