Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC feature suggestion (compare on copy/move)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC feature suggestion (compare on copy/move)

Hi BC team. First I'd like to note that it's quite impressive how much BC helps in my daily work. There's one feature that isn't directly related to your product, but would be nice to see if it is possible.

For those of you who have used "Unlocker," it has a feature that when windows fails to delete a file / folder because of an open file handle, its UI pops up to let you know what handles are open and all of the other related features to that product.

My suggestion would be to look into a similar mechanism so when windows is copying / moving files from one directory to another and fails because the file / folder already exists, pop up BC UI with an appropriate file / folder compare to see if the file I'm overwriting with is the correct file, rather than having to just resort to date checking. (long sentence)

I'm not sure how to technically implement this (presumably some hook, clipboard monitor) or logically how to (copying multiple files at once is a stinker). However something like this would seriously make my day.

Thanks for listening, I'm open for comments.

dearmash,

Thanks for the suggestion. We've actually discussed doing something like this in BC. I'm not sure what would be involved in implementing it, but we will keep it in mind as a possibility for a future release of Beyond Compare.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X