BC 3.0.7 Replacements bug: "Left is source" is not the default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC 3.0.7 Replacements bug: "Left is source" is not the default

I notice a new "Left is source" checkbox in the Replacement Item dialog in BC 3.0.7. If this is checked, then the Replacements work as expected according to the documentation:

"Specify what Text to find in the left editor pane and the Replace with text to be found in the right pane."

Unfortunately, this checkbox is not checked by default when defining a new Replacement.

Even if you fix the logic reversal, it is confusing to have a checkbox that must be checked in order to get the default behavior. May I suggest creating a "Right is source" checkbox instead?

Thanks,
    Kevin Sikes

I agree that a checkbox that must be checked for default behavior feels odd. I also don't care for the "is source" verbiage as it doesn't clearly convey, to me anyway, the purpose of the checkbox. I would prefer something like:

[ ] Replace on right

or

[ ] Right-side replacements
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

In 3.0.8, we'll switch to a "Side" choice of "Left" or "Right" with "Left" being the default.
      Erik Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
        In 3.0.8, we'll switch to a "Side" choice of "Left" or "Right" with "Left" being the default.
        Using option buttons, I presume. Sounds like a good design. Thanks.
        BC v4.0.7 build 19761
        ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

Working...
        X