BC3 will not do direct synch job.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC3 will not do direct synch job.

Quick note to ScooterTeam reps - I just did a synch job between two folders and selected the double arrow icon (copy to side) on the top and the program claimed after the job was done that all the files had been correctly synched. However, I noted that the screen was not refreshed to reflect this...so I hit F5 for Refresh and still nothing happened. I tried a complete refresh Ctrl-F5 and still nothing happened. So at this point I couldn't tell if the files had been copied over correctly. At this point I hit the green arrow icon (update right side) and then BC3 3.07 for Windows XP finally updated the files to the folder which hadn't been synched correctly. They were FLV files by the way. Houston, I think we have a problem.

To clarify, did you use the Actions > Synchronize Folders > Update Right command, or did you use the Actions > Copy to Side command?

Copy to Side will only copy the currently selected files. Update Right can operate on selected files or all files, depending on if you check "Just Selection" in the dialog. Is it possible this was an issue that not everything was selected?
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
      To clarify, did you use the Actions > Synchronize Folders > Update Right command, or did you use the Actions > Copy to Side command?

Copy to Side will only copy the currently selected files. Update Right can operate on selected files or all files, depending on if you check "Just Selection" in the dialog. Is it possible this was an issue that not everything was selected?
      First of all...

1. I wasn't aware that Copy to Side only copies currently selected files. I thought it was the other way around - meaning it was Copy to Side that effectively copies files and folders even if they're not currently selected and vise versa with Update Right instead.

2 As far as whether or not "everything was selected"...no it wasn't. In fact I was under the impression when using the default settings in BC3 that the program would account for situations including those where folders are just opened up in BC3 and any compare synch setting would be included in the default scenarios without any intervention on the part of the user...assuming there are no special needs.

However, regardless of the miscues on my part in understanding why the synch job didn't go off as hitched doesn't explain why AFTER the job is done that the refresh command wouldn't respond when I needed it to update the folder that I had just compared the original to. According to BC3...the right side had "updated"...but when I hit Refresh...the right side refused to update. Now why would that happen?

Comment

Refresh should show changes. Can you repeat the refresh problem?
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
          Refresh should show changes. Can you repeat the refresh problem?
          I haven't had the need to do another job that required me to do any updating yet...so the answer to your question is no. However, it might help me solve the issue if you can tell me what steps to take to repeat the process which *did* cause the refresh job to fail.

Comment

Sorry, I've never seen refresh fail, so I'm not sure how you might repeat it.

If you have trouble with refresh again, please let us know.
            Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
            X