Date of last sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date of last sync

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how they track the last time a session was run from within BC3? I know it keeps a log file which you can open but I don't find that very efficient as it takes too long to open and check every session.

I was wondering if anyone agrees with me that it would be very useful if BC3 had a separate column which showed the last time a session was run. Practically all Scooter's competitors software which I have looked at, has this as standard which makes me feel it is recognised as being a useful feature.

I now have about 30 sessions set up, but, without opening the log file, there is no way I can see when I last ran a session.

I spoke to Scooter about this and in fairness, they were very prompt with their reply and very helpful. They suggested I pasted the date into the session description field. This works, but it's not very efficient. They said they would add my request to the customer wish list, but did not hold out much hope that it would be added.

If there are enough users who would like this option, then perhaps Scooter would add it to the software? It can't be that hard to do. It does seem to be the only feature missing from this excellent software.

If, on the other hand, it is only me who wants to know when a session was last run, then I shall beat a hasty retreat!!!

Thanks.

Actually, I think it's a great idea to show the last run date of a Folder Sync session. I think we can add that to some upcoming release.
    Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

StevieW and Tim

I also think it is a great idea. At the moment I paste the date into the description field so I know when I last ran a session. But, it takes time.

So add my name to the Yes list - any chance of adding this quickly, it really would be useful.

Comment

Count me in as a yes. I plan on using it to keep backups synced and have always wondered why a last run date wasn't shown. Even Microsoft's terrible SyncToy has this feature.

Habanero

Comment

I would also love to be able to control sync's based on last sync session.

Comment

Working...
          X