Easy question. . . probably.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy question. . . probably.

I run a database called Indata Trial Director in court during trials. I have a backup drive that should be a mirror of my main drive. At the end of the day I need all file changes/deletes/additions to be put on the backup.

Are there any special settings I should use? Would default settings work where I just compare and copy right?

Thanks!

Use the "Folder Sync" session type. Put your main drive on the left and your backup on the right and use the "Mirror Left to Right" sync type. That will make your backup an exact copy of your main drive.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Craig View Post
      Use the "Folder Sync" session type. Put your main drive on the left and your backup on the right and use the "Mirror Left to Right" sync type. That will make your backup an exact copy of your main drive.
      Thanks for the quick response!
      One clarifying question: That will just mirror those folders, not the drive, correct?
      What if there are things on the right side that I don't want to overwrite or remove by mirroring?

Thanks.

Comment

It will mirror the folders that you specify in the path edits and everything below them. The rest of the drives will be left alone.

You can specify filters to keep it from synching particular files or folders. It's the edit on the left side, with the glasses button next to it. You can exclude items based on their name, path, last modified time, or size; the documentation lists all the ways you can do it. The easiest way though is to set up the sync and click the "Accept" button (not "Sync Now"). BC will then show everything that it's going to do. If you see anything you don't want modified just right click on it and click "Exclude" in the menu.
        Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Craig View Post
          It will mirror the folders that you specify in the path edits and everything below them. The rest of the drives will be left alone.

You can specify filters to keep it from synching particular files or folders. It's the edit on the left side, with the glasses button next to it. You can exclude items based on their name, path, last modified time, or size; the documentation lists all the ways you can do it. The easiest way though is to set up the sync and click the "Accept" button (not "Sync Now"). BC will then show everything that it's going to do. If you see anything you don't want modified just right click on it and click "Exclude" in the menu.
          Awesome! Thanks! I'm just waiting on my new license for 3.0. Can't wait!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X