Problems connecting to the update site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems connecting to the update site

I tried having BC3 check for updates and it put up a failure message. Is there a problem with the update site? Is anyone else seeing this problem?

---------------------------
    Warning
    There was a problem connecting to the update site.

Please try again later, or contact Scooter Software.
    OK

No, it works fine here.

The only problem I know about the update mechanism is in the Linux build
    of BC3 when you have to use a proxy to reach the internet.
    That doesn't work at the current build.

Bye
    Christoph

Comment

I don't know what was going on. After seeing your response, I tried again and it failed again. So then I tried to trace it via Ethereal and it worked. So I guess it must have been something transient with my company's proxy. The funny thing was I could get to the BC3 download page via FireFox.

Thanks for your feedback.

Comment

Does your company's proxy block Internet Explorer (Windows) access to our site? If so, that could be the problem.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

This was the first time that I had a problem. I am suspecting some instability in our proxy/internet connection. We have been having some sporadic problems connecting to the internet recently but they usually are singular failures. I.E. try again in a few minutes and it works.

I had tried a few times over a three hour window and kept getting errors for "Check for updates". The whole time, I was still able to connect directly to the website including the download page via FireFox.

At this point, I'm writing it off as something in our internet connection (including the proxy) that is beyond my control.

Thanks,
          Kelly

Comment

Working...
          X