Does BC return error codes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does BC return error codes?

Does BCompare.exe, BComp.exe, or BComp.com return zero if successful and non-zero if an error occurs (e.g. left base folder doesn't exist)? I'm wondering if this is true regardless if I'm calling a script or a saved session from the command line.

If not, please consider adding this to the wish list.

Hello Pete!

Yes it does. Please take a look at the BC-Helpfile (Help menu or F1 in the GUI). There you can find a chapter called Command Line Reference where everything you probably need is explained ...

Bye
    Christoph

Comment

Thanks, Christoph. I found another topic about this in the Scripts forum, not sure why I missed it the first time I searched the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by chrroe View Post
        Hello Pete!

Yes it does. Please take a look at the BC-Helpfile (Help menu or F1 in the GUI). There you can find a chapter called Command Line Reference where everything you probably need is explained ...

Bye
        Christoph
        hi Chris, do you know how to manipulate the test file and or the BC 3 settings to come up different return codes? I only came up with return code 1, 13, and 100... Thanks

Comment

To get the different return codes, you need files and command line arguements that will return them. For example, 12 Similar refers to files with only unimportant differences. Use a rules-based compare and ignoreunimportant on files that only contain unimportant (blue when used graphically) differences.

I would recommend using the program interactively on your files, to learn how our program is interacting with them. Then it will be easier to know what some of the ErrorLevels are used to represent. Let us know if you have any questions about specific return codes, or any other questions about the application. You can also email us at [email protected]. If so, please include a link to this forum post.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
          X