X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • khaled.bd
    New User
    • Jan 2009

pc automatically restart every one hour with BC 3.0.14

After installing beyond compare 3.0.14 my pc automatically restarted every one hour even when no software is running. i have used version 3.0.13 and previous versions, they have no problem. after uninstalling beyond compare 3.0.14, my pc is working fine.
    i have searched in event log there is a warning 'The HECI interface is being reset.' just before restart.
    my pc os is windows xp sp3 & motherboard is INTEL DP35DP bios 0216, and i have installed 'HECI_AllOS_3.0.30.1086_PV.exe' as a motherboard driver. i think there is something in BC 3.0.14 which conflict with mother boards HECI driver.
    i have faced same problem with Daemon tool lite 4.30.3 few days ago. then i uninstall Daemon tool lite 4.30.3 and install 4.30.2 to solved the problem.
    please advice me, what should i do?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

I think this may be an issue with your motherboard and drivers, and not Beyond Compare or Daemon Tools. I googled the phrase and found this article:
    http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/...m/743008487831

The poster at the bottom had the same error message. He fixed it by updating his Motherboard's bios.

This post seems to indicate the same thing:
    http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/...m/136009260931

Both are near the bottom of each thread.
    Good luck.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• khaled.bd
      New User
      • Jan 2009

solved in new version

Problem is solved in new uersion of beyond comapre (3.0.15) without updating BIOS.
      thank you for advice.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

We didn't implement any fixes for this issue in the last minor release. Do you have the same hardware as described by the users in the above forum posts I found? Both described the exact same error message, with the exact same symptoms (exactly hourly reboots).
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...