Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make folder file comparison use redefined file comparison rules?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make folder file comparison use redefined file comparison rules?

Dear all,

I've created a Folder Session to compare CSV files under folder A and B. At any time, files under folder A and B will be the same amount and of the same file names too.

For each of the CSV file pairs under A and B, I've created a Data Comparison Session with comparison rules such as the Key Columns, Ignored Columns, Column Headers, defined.

Ideally, when I load this Folder Session, I would like Beyond Compare to automatically use the rules pre-defined in the corresponding Data Comparison Session to compare the CSV file pairs under folder A and B, and highlight the different file pairs accordingly. When I double click the file pair with difference detected in the Folder Session view, I would like Beyond Compare to automatically load the view with the corresponding Data Comparison Session pre-defined for this pair of files.

Unfortunately, I could not find a way to specify the comparison rules used by the folder comparison. Also, the folder view will always launch a new file comparison view when the selected file pair is double clicked. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
    Tracy

Hello,

Tracy also sent an email into support which I just responded to. Here is the email response for those searching and found this forum post:

Beyond Compare 3 is capable of saving specific settings for specific files in a Folder Compare, but it does not use already saved sessions to perform the task.

Open your saved Folder Compare, then double click your pair of files. This launches the Data Compare for those files.
    Open the Session Settings and change them/configure the session the way you want.
    In the bottom left corner of the Session Settings dialog, there is a dropdown that controls how these settings are applied. It defaults to just the current view, but can be changed "Use for these files in the parent session" to apply these settings next time these specific files are opened.
    These settings are then saved as part of the Folder Compare session.

Does that help with your current workflow? Let us know if you have any questions,
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X