Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opening saved session tabs stops after 3. A bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Bulgrien
    replied
    If I remember correctly from the old Cirrus days... DorothyFan has never been a fan of the new "Home" view.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello DorothyFan,

If I understand your suggestion, I'm not sure I see the advantage to it. In order to select something from the dropdown, you need to make it appear by clicking the button. You could alternatively hit Ctrl+T to make "a" dropdown appear (one that is bigger and requires less scrolling), then select it. Ctrl+T is the default for New Tab and is user configurable under the Tools menu -> Customize Commands. You could assign a key shortcut to New Window.

Leave a comment:

• DorothyFan1
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaron View Post
    Hello,

Using the Session dropdown button in the toolbar will replace the currently open session/task with the new selection. It is the only method to replace your current task with another task (other than closing, then opening a new tab).

The Open command or New Tab or New Window will all open a new Home screen (which you can then select your Session from).
    Can't you add an option to do this from the Session dropdown button?! The way you have it right now...it's two steps to open up multiple sessions onscreen. What about holding down either Control or Shift and then select the Sessions and it automatically opens up in a new tab? Could you add this to the wish list?
    Last edited by DorothyFan1; 15-Jul-2009, 03:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello,

Using the Session dropdown button in the toolbar will replace the currently open session/task with the new selection. It is the only method to replace your current task with another task (other than closing, then opening a new tab).

The Open command or New Tab or New Window will all open a new Home screen (which you can then select your Session from).

Leave a comment:

• DorothyFan1
    started a topic Opening saved session tabs stops after 3. A bug?

Opening saved session tabs stops after 3. A bug?

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a problem...as maybe I'm missing a setting. But when I launch (latest version) of Beyond Compare to open saved sessions something has caught my attention.

I was able to open up to three tabs from the Home screen...but after this...I wasn't able to open new tabs for other saved sessions I have on disk. I noticed that the newest tab opens up actually replaced the last tab session I opened up. ?!

I didn't understand the issue until I repeated the same action. I closed the sessions and reopened. I successfully opened up three saved sessions in their own tabs. But when I tried to add another saved session to the current three...it opens up but replaces the last saved tab I had opened. To me, this doesn't sound right.

The only way to get around this issue is to manually right click the tab bar and select new tab. THEN I select the saves session I wanted to open up and it does so without replacing the other tabs I had opened up previously.

I'm using the latest release...BC 3.1.4. Can anybody confirm this behavior?

Edit: my apologies for the mishap. I made a mistake. Apparently I forgot that I have to open up new tabs before selecting the saved sessions. But I was under the impression I could simply select the saved session and they'd automatically open up in a new tab?
    Last edited by DorothyFan1; 14-Jul-2009, 08:50 PM.
Working...
X