Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I share session settings among different computers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I share session settings among different computers?

Is it possible to share session settings among different BC installtions? I usually work in multiple virtual machines on two different computers (one in my home and one in my home office). It would be quite neat if, I could configure BC to look for sessions settings, or any other configuration details for that matter, on a shared network drive for instance.

Is that possible and if so, how do I achieve that?

O.k., that wasn 't very clever. I thought I'd give the BC 'Options' a closer look and quickly found out it's possible to specifiy a 'Shared sessions file' on the 'General' tab. However, apparently it's not possible to modify shared sessions, which makes it's use rather limited. Is there a way around this?

Comment

You can make a Portable install (which stores settings in the same folder it is installed, so you will need write access) in a Network shared drive you can access on both computers.

Or you can use the Portable install on a USB drive and move it between computers with you.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

In my case a portable install on a shared drive seems a more pratical solution than dragging a USB stick back and forth between computers. So I'll give that a try.

Comment

Working...
        X