wishlist: compare registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wishlist: compare registry

I would like to be able to use B.C.3 to handle registry. I would like to be able to compare, merge, handle: local registry vs remote registry; remote registries of two different machines; portions (for example CurrentControlSet vs ControlSet001), again of my local machine, or one local and one remote, or two remote. I would like to be able to handle all data types and also security settings. It might be enough for me, at least at the beginning, to export data from machines and then compare files, but I would like to be able to browse the tree structures.

Thank You very much

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Hello Rodolfo,

A built-in registry compare is on our Wishlist. In the current version, you can Export your registry with regedit, and then view the text file in BC3. We have a Registry file format built-in.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Registry

I made this very request about 1 year ago and was told it is not possible and to export the files. Exporting does not work because there is no good way to find the changes especially when you are comparing HUGE files, and you are looking for 0x0000001 vs 0x000000A in a 50 character string. This function is needed and by the amount of people who have read this thread I would assume others think so. If this was done in the GUI of the application like comparing folders this would be a powerful tool and one that no software currently has. So please add this...and be the first!!! --- Thanks

Comment

Thank You for the help. I know I can export data with regedit, but there are many formats, and I must admit I did not test them, which one I have to use? The text files can be named something.reg or must be named in a different way?

Thank You again

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comment

Originally posted by SunGuard View Post
          by the amount of people who have read this thread I would assume others think so
          FWIW - Some of us read EVERY new thread whether it is of personal interest or not...
          BC v4.0.7 build 19761
          ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

The default .reg is an acceptable export. It should just be a plain text export, and BC3 can compare plain text. The built-in BC3 file format also contains some grammar.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
            X