Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default max. Characters per Line

Hi,
    testing Beyond Compare for Linux the first time, i must say it's great. But there are a few points i'm running into within an hour:
    - default file types: Java-Script, *.js should be added
    - default for max. characters per line should be eventually increased to 16384 or better 32768 for a few filetypes: js, html, php because use of compressed js, php or html-files
    - an example is /FCKeditor/editor/js/fckeditorcode_gecko.js

And a question: Would there be a binary compare for gif-file? PNG work great....

Thanks. We don't have a file format for Java Script currently. Many of our Additional File Formats are user contributed; if you create a Java Script file format please feel free to email it to us.

Go to the Tools menu -> File Formats, and create a new Text Compare file format. In the Conversion tab, you can set your characters per line limit. (You can edit other file formats if you wish to increase their limit).

Here is a KB article about defining unimportant text, in case you want to define grammar items for your Java Script format:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo..._unimportantv3

A binary compare can be run from the Folder Compare on any file type. Gif is not currently supported in the Linux BC3 Picture Compare due to library support, but I'll add it to our Customer Wishlist.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X