X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• menardr
    replied
    Hey Aaron,

Its amazing what you can do with a pair of double quotes!
    BComp.exe "%file1" "%file2" /lefttitle="%file1" /righttitle="%file2" now displays the correct object name AND version number!

I had read both of your suggested links before...just need to look at it again, I guess.

Thanks
    Rick

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello Rick,

Synergy looks to be up to version 7.1, it is possible the %file1_label variable was added in a later version. The earliest version of their documentation on the web is 6.6, and it mentions the variable:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...r0m0/index.jsp
    Select Rational Synergy -> 6.6a. -> Telelogic Help for Developers -> English pdf.

This unofficial guide I found mentions Beyond Compare 2, Synergy version 6.4, and no mention of %file1_label.
    http://www.cmcrossroads.com/cgi-bin/...te_Beyound_com

If you run the command line without lefttitle and righttitle, how does that work for you?:
    windows.tool.compare.java = BComp.exe %file1 %file

Leave a comment:

• menardr
    started a topic BC3/CMSynergy does not display filename correctly

BC3/CMSynergy does not display filename correctly

I'm trying to evaluate BC3 (v3.1.11 build 12204) working with CMSynergy 6.4.3410) as a tool choice for our department and can't seem to get the filename to display (in the above the left/right source code).

I have the following syntax in my ccm.properties file (as per support documentation):
    windows.tool.compare.java = BComp.exe %file1 %file2 /lefttitle=%file1_label /righttitle=%file2_label

The actual compare works fine but all I get above the source code is '%file1_label' and '%file2_label' where I should getting something like 'MyClass1.java' and MyClass1Old.java'.

Ideas?
    TIA
    Rick
Working...
X