Cloning a workspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloning a workspace

I have a workspace showing eight sessions monitoring various stages of a project's build process, and I want to clone the project, and hence this workspace and its sessions.

How best to do this?

Last time doing it totally manually took a long time and unsurprisingly introduced errors, so I am hping there is a better method using some command I have overlooked.

Thanks.

We do not have a method of cloning the workspaces. I would suggest:
    1) Make a new Session folder in the home screen
    2) Clone the original workspaces sessions and place them in this new folder
    3) Change the location paths for each of the new cloned sessions.
    4) Load them and save a workspace, or right click the folder and Open All instead.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

> We do not have a method of cloning the workspaces.

OK.

> I would suggest:
      >1) Make a new Session folder in the home screen
      >2) Clone the original workspaces sessions and place them in this new folder

I have found the easiest way to is via Save As... on the Session in the Workspace rather than the Home menu, because finding the session on the home menu Save Sessions can be real hard work since there is no way to see them all in alphabetic order or to search by name.

> 3) Change the location paths for each of the new cloned sessions.
      > 4) Load them and save a workspace, or right click the folder and Open All instead.

I have to use a workspace because the tab order is important and Open All does not restore this.

Thanks for the suggestions.

You know, I have a great program for managing documents like this - Windows Explorer Not to mention source control. I hope you will consider having BC store sessions and workspaces as regular disc files, so that I can use these, and - most importantly - keep each worksapce and it sessions in its project folders. This would obviate the issue of your 3) above, by allowing location paths to be relative to the sesson file.

Thanks again Aaron.

Comment

Working...
      X