Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save a BC FileSync session to an external file

BACKGROUND:

I am a relatively new user to BC, it is great. There is, however, one thing that seems strange. I don't completely understand why BC saves folder sync sessions and general session data *inside* the application itself, instead of saving it to my local file system as stand-alone documents, like most programs do.

This is the one kind of annoying thing about BC that I wish I knew why it does this.

QUESTION:

Is there a way for me to either:
    1) get BC to save a session to a real folder on my computer, instead of the built-in folders inside the BC GUI; or

2) get BC to take the foldersync session settings and export it to a runnable BC script?

RATIONALE:

Sometimes I want to save foldersync session data as a project file on my local machine, along with other files, or save a session data inside a zip file for backup purposes or something like that.

It isn't possible to save a session to a file that you can run directly. This is on our wish list for a future version of Beyond Compare.

However, it is possible to backup saved sessions to a file using the "Tools > Export Settings" command. You can later import the settings file using "Tools > Import Settings".

It isn't possible to generate a script from an interactive session of Beyond Compare. If you want to script Beyond Compare, you'll have to write a script file. See the help file documentation of scripting features. The scripting section of our forums also has many example scripts.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X