BC3 and Mercurial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC3 and Mercurial

Can someone please post a working copy of a Mercurial.ini (Windows) file that works with BC3?

The bits and pieces found thru google don't seem to work.

Losing a lot of time on this one...

TIA
    Rick

Hi Rick,

Have you tried the Mercurial instructions on our web site?

Beyond Compare is a multi-platform utility that combines directory compare and file compare functions in one package. Use it to manage source code, keep directories in sync, compare program output, etc.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

BC3 and Mecurial

While the notes seem to be a good start,they are not complete.
      opts.bcomp = /ro is questionable. If I leave out the /ro, then I get the new changes compared to the compiled version. Adding the /ro gives me a three way merge with the first window being /ro

From Tortoisehg I just get the session selection page, but I am convinced that I HAVE that working at some point.

I'm still batting with all the hassle that DVCS is creating to a work flow that has been running nicely for years, and neither hg or git is production ready in a number of important areas. But BC forms a nice interface for managing merging of code from diverse sources.

Comment

Hello, the opts.bcomp = /ro is part of the Diff section of instructions on that KB article. It shouldn't create a Merge Session window unless BComp has 4 arguments passed to it. The Merge Tools section details how to set up a BC3 Merge session as the merge tool. It should look something like this:
        Beyond Compare is a multi-platform utility that combines directory compare and file compare functions in one package. Use it to manage source code, keep directories in sync, compare program output, etc.

It is also important to search for the sections [extensions], [extdiff], [tortoisehg] for diff, and [merge-tools], and [ui]. If they already exist in the file, then those sections, on those lines, must be used.

A BC3 Merge Session (with 3 inputs and 1 output) requires BC3 Pro edition. Do you have Pro or Std edition?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X