BC3 and Mercurial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC3 and Mercurial

Can someone please post a working copy of a Mercurial.ini (Windows) file that works with BC3?

The bits and pieces found thru google don't seem to work.

Losing a lot of time on this one...

TIA
    Rick

Hi Rick,

Have you tried the Mercurial instructions on our web site?

http://www.scootersoftware.com/support.php?zz=kb_vcs
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

BC3 and Mecurial

While the notes seem to be a good start,they are not complete.
      opts.bcomp = /ro is questionable. If I leave out the /ro, then I get the new changes compared to the compiled version. Adding the /ro gives me a three way merge with the first window being /ro

From Tortoisehg I just get the session selection page, but I am convinced that I HAVE that working at some point.

I'm still batting with all the hassle that DVCS is creating to a work flow that has been running nicely for years, and neither hg or git is production ready in a number of important areas. But BC forms a nice interface for managing merging of code from diverse sources.

Comment

Hello, the opts.bcomp = /ro is part of the Diff section of instructions on that KB article. It shouldn't create a Merge Session window unless BComp has 4 arguments passed to it. The Merge Tools section details how to set up a BC3 Merge session as the merge tool. It should look something like this:
        http://www.scootersoftware.com/morei...shot=TextMerge

It is also important to search for the sections [extensions], [extdiff], [tortoisehg] for diff, and [merge-tools], and [ui]. If they already exist in the file, then those sections, on those lines, must be used.

A BC3 Merge Session (with 3 inputs and 1 output) requires BC3 Pro edition. Do you have Pro or Std edition?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X