Sorting by most recent contained file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorting by most recent contained file

I don't believe this is currently possible, but I would like to be able to sort the displayed folders by the date of the most recent file contained therein - at whatever depth. This would help to highlight recent changes/additions. (This is Windows XP, where directory dates don't get updated when their content is modified.)

From a folder compare you can choose "Ignore folder structure" from the folder display filter drop-down button on the toolbar. This will display all files in all sub-folders (at whatever depth) together in a single list as if they were all in the same base folder. This will allow you to sort the files by their modified date to identify any that have changed.
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

The problem with "ignore folder structure" is that is exactly what it does, so if you copy a file from one side to the other, you have no idea where it will end up.

Comment

Hello Norris,

When copied, it will end up in the base level folder (.\) unless it is already aligned to another file, at which point it will copy into that location. You can also specifically tell it where to copy by selecting it and using the Copy To Folder command.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by norrisg View Post
          I don't believe this is currently possible, but I would like to be able to sort the displayed folders by the date of the most recent file contained therein - at whatever depth. This would help to highlight recent changes/additions. (This is Windows XP, where directory dates don't get updated when their content is modified.)
          I take it the color-coding of folders containing differences is not enough?

/dps

Comment

Working...
          X