Open external diff tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open external diff tool

I want to use Beyond Compare for comparing most files.
    However, I want to use IBM Rational Rhapsody's DiffMerge tool for comparing files with the extensions - .rpy, .sbs and .cls (aka Rhapsody files).

I want to compare two folders and then diff particular files within those folders with either Beyond Compare or DiffMerge depending on the file extension.

I don't really mind if this is managed automatically or whether I have to use an "Open With" or custom command type solution when right-clicking on lines containing Rhapsody files.

I want to call DiffMerge.exe with the two files highlighted on a single line as it's arguments like - C:\Rhapsody7521\DiffMerge.exe leftFile rightFile

I currently do a similar thing with TortoiseSVN :-

C:\Rhapsody751\DiffMerge.exe %base %mine /title1=%bname /title2=%yname /leftreadonly

Can it be done in Beyond Compare too?

Hello,

Yes. If you go to the Tools menu -> Options, Open With, you can create a custom Open With command that can call any specific command line. In this case, you can use %f1 and %f2 as parameters, but you may need to surround them with "%f1" quotes.

You can click the '?' button next to the 'X' close button for context sensitive help and reference.

Let us know if you have any questions.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X