Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RE: We've just released Beyond Compare 3.2.2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: We've just released Beyond Compare 3.2.2.

Originally posted by chris
    We've just released Beyond Compare 3.2.2. This is the first official 3.2 release.

Notable Changes since 3.1.11:
    Added Registry Compare view (Pro only).
    Added Text Edit view which includes "Find in Files" command.
    File Compare Report can now mix reports from different views (text/hex/data/picture/etc).
    Added "Text content" to Folder Compare's "Other Filters".
    Added "Follow Symbolic Links" folder compare option which controls whether symbolic links are shown as files or the link target.
    Added support for comparing, copying, and deleting symbolic links and NTFS junction points.
    Added support for bzip2 and bzipped tar archives.
    Added read/write support for Debian .deb packages (Linux only).
    Added read-only support for Total Commander packer (wcx) plugins.
    Added layout, rotate, and flip commands to Picture Compare, along with various other enhancements.
    Added "Exclude protected operating system files" option that excludes system and hidden files, folders, and junction points (Windows only). Enabled by default.
    Added support for SSH2 authentication using OpenSSH's ssh-agent and PuTTY's pageant.
    Added "Ignore Same Changes" Text Merge command.
    Added "View->Detached Output Pane" Text Merge command to show output pane in separate window.
    The complete change log can be viewed here.
    That is what they are for after all, you don't create them unless you want your programs to think the directory they point to is right there where you created the junction point.
    It rather screws up my plans to have a program that doesn't do that.

Folder Compare - Session Settings/Handling tab/File handling group/Follow symbolic links checkbox

I use this option unchecked if comparing the system drive with the lot of forbidden system links (W7Pro64).
    I use this option checked if comparing my small work partition, holding my custom links to any storage (hard drive, usb drives, sticks, network shares, ...).

Greetings Lutz

Comment

Excellent.
      Thank you.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks, Lutz.

In addition, all session settings are session specific. You'll want to use the lower left dropdown box in the Folder Compare's Session Settings dialog to "Also Update Session defaults" to apply for all future sessions, or to change the setting on the Home screen, in the Saved Sessions area, in the Edit Session defaults folder.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

While looking into this I got an issue:

I have a folder containing my storage devices (as mounting points), network connections (as symbolic links) and 2 symlinks to c:\users\ and c:\ for testing this.

Neither mounting points nor symbolic links are followed if both
          - the Folder Compare base folder and
          - the target folder
          are root folders.

Tested with:
          W:\devices\internal\C System ( -> Volume{...}\ )
          - base folder "W:\" & path "devices\C System" is NOT working
          - base folder "W:\devices" & path "internal\C System" is working

Greetings Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by Lutz View Post
            Folder Compare - Session Settings/Handling tab/File handling group/Follow symbolic links checkbox
            I can see this in the 'Folder Compare' settings but not in 'Folder Sync'.

I prefer to use Folder Sync most of the time but I can't do what I want if it doesn't follow my NTFS Junctions.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
              In addition, all session settings are session specific.
              Excellent again.
              I may need the opposite setting for something one day.

Comment

Originally posted by bdg2 View Post
                I can see this in the 'Folder Compare' settings but not in 'Folder Sync'.
                That was just an oversight on our part. It'll be there in 3.2.4.
                Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks for the report, Lutz. I've reproduced this and opened a tracker entry to look into it.
                  Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
                  X