• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to create a patch?

Hi All,

I am new here, so hello.

I am using v3.2.4 of beyond compare.

I would like to create an export of all the different files to a seperate folder with their folder structure intact. Thus in the future I can apply this patch simply by copying this "difference" folder/"patch folder". I am sure that I have done with BC before, but cannot remember how.

So for example

Original App:

App
    Folder1
    File1
    File2 (different)
    File3
    Folder2
    File1
    File2
    File3 (different)

I want to produce as a "Release Patch":

App
    Folder1
    File2
    Folder2
    File3

Thanks for any help with this in advance,

Sam

Hello,

You can use our Display Filters on the upper left of the toolbar to show only Differences. In the View menu you can set the display to Only Compare Files or Compare Files and Folder Structure (depending on if you want to capture empty Orphan folders).

Then issue an Expand All command from the Edit menu. In View should be all of the items you want to create a "patch" of. Use the Edit menu -> Select All or Select All Files, then the Actions menu -> Copy to Folder to copy all selected items to a 3rd location.

The Copy To Folder command has different Folder Structure options if you Selected All Files. Click the Help '?' button next to the Close 'X' button for a detailed help article on the different options in the Copy To Folder dialog.

Does this meet your needs? Please let us know if you have any questions.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X