Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing two large files

Hello,

Not sure if this is best in a more specific category, but, I have tried to compare two large (1.8GB) video files in a few different modes, but, they keep failing (see attached image).

They are the same file size, but, I think they could be different and really want to do a compare.

My machine has 16GB of memory (10GB free) and a 1TB hard drive (400GB free) so not sure why I am getting this error.

Thanks.

Hello,

Open the Folder Compare, select the two files, right click, and run a Quick Compare. The Quick Compare dialog will run a Binary Compare on your two files. This information will display on the Quick Compare dialog and you do not need to "Open view" as many of our file views will not handle files that large or are built for video files.

A binary compare will determine if your files are equal or different.

Let us know if you have any questions.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I want Script

I am trying to write a script that compares two files and saves a files report(report is which line got changes b/w two files) in a excel, this process should be automatic it is possible.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for writing in. Our scripting does not allow direct output to Excel. You can save a report as a text file or HTML, or output to the Printer (which, could save as PDF).

Detailed script documentation can be found in the Help file in the Using Beyond Compare chapter -> Automating with Script section.

Which type of files are you comparing? Are they Excel or text files? This alters the options available for the report commands, such as the types of layouts available. One example could be:

file-report layout:side-by-side output-to:"c:\bcreport.html" output-options:html-color "c:\file1.txt" "c:\file2.txt"

Please note that the line above is a single line. Line breaks and whitespace are important to the scripting syntax.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X