MS Excel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS Excel

I have an Excel file that when I view individually it displays the columns properly. When I compare it to another Excel file it is shifting the data and not displaying certain columns causing many things to appear not to match in one of the files but not the other. I have another associate here and the comparison works for him, but not me. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling without success. Any thoughts? I've attached the bar that displays the format settings that it chose for the file which are different than the one that works. When I try to change mine to match the working one it just makes the display worse.

Hello,

Column visibility can be controlled by the View menu -> Columns dialog. By default, all should be shown. Are you using the same settings as your associate? The Data Compare can be configured with different Key columns and if it should be sorted or not. This would change how the rows are arranged. These options are controlled in the Session menu -> Session Settings, Columns tab. Also, does your associate have the Column names detected or are they a part of the file? This is controlled in the specific File Format you are using.

Would it be possible to get a larger screenshot, or sample files, emailed to us at [email protected] ? If you email us, please include:

1) A link back to this forum thread for our reference
    2) A full screen screenshot
    3) Your support.zip (Help menu -> Support; Export)
    4) And, if you can, a pair of sample files.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I should also add, your associate can use the Tools menu -> Export dialog to export his File Format and default (or specific) Session for this comparison, which they could then share with you.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I see the problem. In one document it is picking up Sheet2 while in the other it is picking up Sheet1. How do I set it to always pick the first sheet to compare to the first sheet instead of the active one? I exported settings from the machine that worked to mine but it still has the same problem.

Comment

Our Excel Data Compare file format would always convert the current sheet. We also have a Text Compare file format available that would compare all sheets in the Text view.

If you open the Excel file, switch the sheet, and then close it, it should then pick up the correct sheet for you.

We have a KB article that goes into more detail, here:
          http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...ultisheetexcel
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
          X