Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Registry vs. Registry File

Hello!

Could anyone tell me why it isn't possible to edit registry files the same way as the local registry?

For the local registry I have these options available

while for the registry files there's just these options:

I see that there's the option to Text Edit the registry file, but why can't I do it directly in the Registry Compare view?
    Last edited by IneedHelp; 08-Sep-2011, 10:37 AM.

Generally, Registry files are created as snapshots in time and are output from a Registry source.

How were you hoping to use edited registry files in your workflow? Did you hope to edit them so you could then import them back into the registry?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      How were you hoping to use edited registry files in your workflow? Did you hope to edit them so you could then import them back into the registry?
      Exactly, and I would've preferred doing that directly in Registry Compare Mode instead of having to separately edit the registry files. The way it works now is more like Beyond Compare is protecting the opened registry files.

Also, what seems to be like a bug: if a registry file's name starts with HKEY_ then BC won't load it, giving the error: File Not Found.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. We do currently protect the .reg files, but I'll open a Customer Wishlist entry to suggest an option to allow editing them.

And thanks for the bug report. I've reproduced that HKey_ behavior and I'll open a tracker for that as well.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X