Difference count for current line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference count for current line

Is there a way to see how many differences are found for the line the cursor is currently on?

The difference count at the left of the status bar is great to see for the entire file. As I'm traversing through those differences, it would be equally useful to see the number for the current line.

Is this a new feature request?

It is a new feature request.

I can make an entry in our Customer Wishlist. For counting differences, would you consider it different different sections of text if there are any equal/matching characters between them? How would you want to handle whitespace, if it matched or was inserted or different on only one side?

Do you have a specific example of a pair of lines and how you would want to try and report on the differences in them?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      It is a new feature request.

I can make an entry in our Customer Wishlist. For counting differences, would you consider it different different sections of text if there are any equal/matching characters between them? How would you want to handle whitespace, if it matched or was inserted or different on only one side?

Do you have a specific example of a pair of lines and how you would want to try and report on the differences in them?
      Thanks, Aaron.

The difference count would ideally honour the current rules. Have a look at this snapshot for a typically long line in one of our source code files. As you can see, the line is too long to view in totality within BC. Without having to scroll to the right, it would be useful to see how many differences this line contains, so that I can tell if there's more off the screen.

PS. Is there an easy way to highlight the current line so that it stands out more? While moving around a file with many changes, and with the text scrolling up all the time, it can be hard to spot where the current line is each time.

Comment

To customize the color for the current line, select "Tools > Options". Go to the "File Views > Display" section. In the Elements list, select "Current line". Change the "Background" dropdown from Default to your preferred color and click OK.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X