compare access databases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compare access databases

I have used beyond compare before to easily compare documents, but yestserday was my first attempt to compare 2 access databases. I found that differences were not being displayed because numbers stored within the tables to 6dp were being rounded so differences were being missed. For individual tables, I got around this by exporting them to xml and comparing the output - obviously this is not a practical solution for a database with many tables. Is there a way to do a direct comparison of 2 access databases and ensure that number formats are preserved?

Hello,

I setup a test system with a trial of MS Access 2010, BC 3.3.4, and a simple MS Access database file. I did not see the rounding you are running into using our MS Access file format for the Text Compare session type.

Are you using a different setup? Would it be possible to email us with sample files and your current BCSupport.zip from the Help menu -> Support; Export? Our email is [email protected] and please include a link to this forum post for our reference.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

How do you compare MS Access data bases?

I also would like to use beyond compare to analyze Microsoft Access Databases and have not experienced success.

Can anyone recommend a convenient and practical method in which to compare MS Access Databases?

Comment

Hello Rapid,

Are you using our additional download available to convert the files to plain text and compare them? The MS Access Database file format is available here:
        Beyond Compare is a multi-platform utility that combines directory compare and file compare functions in one package. Use it to manage source code, keep directories in sync, compare program output, etc.

If you are running into any problems with the conversion (which requires a version of Access that can read your files), please feel free to post or email us example files. Our email is [email protected] and please include a link to this forum post for reference.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X