HtmlTidy for BC3 configuration instructions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HtmlTidy for BC3 configuration instructions

Are there lay-man instruction somewhere on how to configure HtmlTidy with BC3?

Import settings doesn't work for BC2 settings, and when I try to configure it myself it returns nothing (HtmlTidy.exe as far as I can tell never returns, just hangs there after dumping output on screen, when I run it from command line using same configuration as one I use in BC3 settings)

You can download HtmlTidy file formats for BC3 here: http://www.scootersoftware.com/downl...oreformats_alt

The page has both an "HTML tidied" file format, and multiple XML formats that use HtmlTidy to format XML.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

In addition to Chris' input, the reason for the redownload is that BC2 rules are not importable into BC3 as File Formats. This is due to a few changes in organization we made (such as Importance was global in BC2, but Session based in BC3). You can generally reconfigure everything in BC3, but there is a bit of necessary manual setup.

Here's a KB article that goes into the steps of defining Unimportant differences:
      Beyond Compare is a multi-platform utility that combines directory compare and file compare functions in one package. Use it to manage source code, keep directories in sync, compare program output, etc.

And another video about general BC3 usage (and a good "basics" tutorial which would let you know where various controls are located):
      Beyond Compare is a multi-platform utility that combines directory compare and file compare functions in one package. Use it to manage source code, keep directories in sync, compare program output, etc.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
      X