Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestion - the ability to export select files in a pane to a zip or rar file...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion - the ability to export select files in a pane to a zip or rar file...

Suggestion - the ability to export select files in a pane to a zip or rar file...

For example I'm comparing the difference 2 folders and one pane shows a variety of different file versions which I will need to replace, but also I need (in this case) to back them up first. The ability to create a zip or rar of those files directly without having to go through other dance steps (like copying them to another directory, etc.) would be handy.

Hello,

We actually have this functionality. If you have a Folder Compare with a selection of files you want to copy into a Zip (using a combination of Display Filters and the Edit menu -> Expand All, Select All Files, Shift+Arrow Keys to slide to one side), you can then right-click Copy to Folder on that selection, and give it a file path to a "filename.zip" that does not exist, and BC4 can create the archive and copy the selection into it.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X