Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy content of 1 column

Hi,

I did a compare between 2 Excel spreadsheets.
    I want to copy out just 1 column but unable to find the option/function to do so.

It highlights the entire row which is not what I want.

Please advise.

Regards,
    Tri

Hello,

We do not currently support a column-based selection, but you can use the View menu -> Columns dialog to show only the column/s you need, then select/copy/paste them.

Let us know if you have any questions.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Hi Aaron,

Your recommended method works.

Can I request in wishlish for an option to select the column alongside with other options available such as resize to fit etc.?

I have another questions, my first row which contains the header of each column does not show in Beyond Compare, instead in Beyond Compare it shows the column number "1:" etc.

How do I show the column name instead to help with the filtering view?

Many thanks.

Regards,
      Tri

Comment

Hello,

Certainly. I'll add your notes to our Customer Wishlist.

For the column header, BC3 defaults to try and detect if the first row is a Header or Data. Is it detecting as data and appearing as a row inside your file? You can override the detection for the file type by going to the Tools menu -> File Formats, select your format (or the default: <data format>). Go to the Type tab, and you can set "First line contains" to Detect, Column names, or Cell data. If you switch to Column names, does this work for you?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Hi,

Actually there are other contents such as title before the actual column names.
          Is there a way to manually force to use a specific row/line to be the column names?

Comment

You can force the first row using the same option (First line contains: Column names), but only the first row not an arbitrary one. If your headers are on a different row, you would need to move them to the first row manually before comparison, or create an external conversion which moves it to the top automatically before opening in Beyond Compare 3.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
            X