Manual copy line from one file to another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual copy line from one file to another

I use BC(now 3) to compare changes in souce code. I use the "Next (Previous) Dfference" to go through the differences. I have the selection set to go through the file one line(difference) at time. I use "Copy to Left(Right)" command to accept/not accept the change. I then repeat the process

In BC2, I always used(I had to) the "Next Difference" command to go to the next different.

In BC3, sometimes I am positioned to the next difference upon completion of the copy, and some times I am not. The positioning seems to depend on whether the "copy to" side has orphaned differences.

Since I am doing this process rhythmically, the different behaviors very annoying.

Is there a setting/command to 1) at best, always move to the next difference (on either side) or 2) emulate the BC2 behaviour of having to manually going to the next difference?

Hello,

BC3's toolbar button defaults to Next Difference Section, and a section is a configurable number of nearby different lines. If you wish each line to be independent, you can customize this in the Tools menu -> File Formats, specific format, Misc tab, and enable "Lines are independent".

BC3 also supports Next Difference, which does to the next different text within a line. You can customize either hotkey in the Text Compare's Tools menu -> Customize Commands.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

In addition, BC3 also has an automatic option to "Go to next difference after copying". It is in the Tools menu -> Options, File Views, Next Difference section.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
      X