Mirror only specific file-extensions, nothing else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror only specific file-extensions, nothing else

Newbie question, I agree, but sofar never had this before.

From folder
    x:\NameOfProgram
    I want to mirror -only- files that end with *.cfg, *.ini and *.dat

I donot want any other files
    I donot want any other subfolders, or files in subfolders

Nothing else, just the cfg/ini/dat files.

I have been trying to figure this out by filters, but gave up after some time.
    I guess I should include *.cfg;*.ini;*.dat
    But then...?

Appreciate an example so I can use that for some other (new) tasks as well.

Thanks!
    =

Hello,

Are you using the graphical interface or attempting to create a script?

The File Name Filters in the Folder Compare's Session menu -> Session Settings, Name Filters can accept a filter of just those file names. It looks like you have the syntax correct for what they should look like in the Filter toolbar. Editing in one location updates the other. Does your comparison window now only show those files with that extension?

At this point, you can commit a Mirror sync, but this will also delete orphan folders in the destination and copy over empty folders. A Mirror sync in BC3 has specific logic for how it will interact with anything that is not equal. Are you looking to "Mirror", or just copy files with that extension? You can perform a copy by selecting them.

To copy, first set the Display Filter to Show Only Differences, so only the ones that need to copy are shown. You can then use the toolbar buttons or Edit menu -> Expand All, Edit menu -> Select All Files, then Shift+Arrow keys to select one side or the other. Now you can select your source side and copy to the other side.

How does this work for you? Please let us know if you have any questions.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X