Could not compare Microsoft Access Databases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could not compare Microsoft Access Databases

I have tried to compare two Microsoft Access Databases, but received the error message below:

"Can not find script file "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 3\Helpers\MDB_to_CSV.vbs"."

When I looked in the folder “C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 3\Helpers” I saw only the two files below:

PdfToText.exe
    XLS_to_CSV_Single.vbs

Both databases in question have file extension ".mdb".

I have Microsoft Access 2003 installed.

I have been to the page http://scootersoftware.com/download....oreformats_win and downloaded the “Microsoft Access Databases” file formats.

Does anyone know how I can get the compare to work?

Thanks.

Simon

If you go to the linked additional download page, scroll and select the Microsoft Access Databases format, check it, then click to download.

Once downloaded, you can double click the .bcpkg file, or use the BC3 Tools menu -> Import wizard. During the import, it should add your format to the Helpers menu, and also copy the necessary files into Helpers\. You may need to accept a UAC prompt or have sufficient user rights to copy into your program files directory.

If you are still having trouble, the bcpkg file itself is just a renamed .zip archive, and you can use an archive program or rename it to open, view its contents, and copy the Helpers\ files into the Beyond Compare 3\Helpers directory manually.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks for that Aaron.

Will let you know how I go.

Comment

Looks like I just need admin rights and it will work.

Comment

Working...
        X