Bug on Copy to Folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug on Copy to Folder

I just found a bug on the function "copy to folder".

Background:
    I've two folders (called old and new) and want to compare them and extract all the "newer and orphans" on the "new" folder, to a folder called "deploy"

Bug:
    Now I select view->show right newer and right orphans; and then I right click the new side and choose "copy to folder". It is supposed that, only "right newer and right orphans" files/folders will be copied to the deploy folder.
    But what I found is that, only the "Expanded" folders works, for all the sub-directories which hasn't been expanded, they will just treated as copy all.

One more suggestion:
    Actually it is a nice feature that finding the newer files and prepare them to a deployment folder, so please consider to create a separate folder which does the same thing by just one click.

Thanks for coming and listening......

Hello,

Are you currently using BC2 or BC3? BC2 would behave similarly to your description (and you must use the Edit menu -> Select All Files command). BC3 would copy only the non-filtered items, unless in the Copy To Folder command you have "Include hidden items in operation" enabled.

Are you using the latest BC3 release (BC3.3.8)? All BC3.x updates are free for 3.x users.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Hi,

I'm currently using BC3.3.8 Pro Edition, with a valid license.
      Yes you are right, I've checked "Include hidden items in operation".

When I unchecked that, everything seems alright now, thanks!
      I think I've missed the wordings "hidden by display". Before that, I thought it means copying the "windows hidden files", instead of "hidden by display or file filters".

Comment

No problem. You may want to review this video for a brief overview of how this behavior can work:
        http://www.scootersoftware.com/video...tionPart1.html

Videos page:
        http://www.scootersoftware.com/moreinfo.php?zz=videos
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X