Assertion Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assertion Error

I am having a problem with the new 3.1.4 Build 10554 update. Every time I open a new session and double click a file to open the editor I get the following error:
    Code:
    Assertion failure (C:/work/BCompare/C:/work/BCompare/Vfs/VfsFtpResourceImpl.pas, line 403)
    If I open a session with the default comparison to be Rules-based Comparison, it grabs a list of files then sits there eating up 100% of my processor power and I have to forcibly end the process via the terminal to get it to close. This only happens when one or both of the sides is using FTP/FTPS, when I do 2 local folders or SFTP there is no problem.

When I run bcompare via the terminal and double click a file to open the editor I get the following output:
    Code:
    [email protected]:~/Desktop$ bcompare
    libmng.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    libmng.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Serious exception caught: Assertion failure (C:/work/BCompare/C:/work/BCompare/Vfs/VfsFtpResourceImpl.pas, line 403)
    Stack trace: 
        $08071DEF  MyRaiseException
        $0805EB4A  iconv_close,  line 125 of SsCodePage.pas
        $08445FCF  @[email protected]@Seek,  line 403 of VfsFtpResourceImpl.pas
        $080854FA  iconv_close
        $083F756C  @[email protected]@InternalGet,  line 1732 of IdFTP.pas
        $083F6869  @[email protected]@Get,  line 1307 of IdFTP.pas
        $0841B454  @[email protected]@GetFile,  line 1052 of VfsFtpIndy10Connection.pas
        $08447B24  @[email protected]@GetFile,  line 1109 of VfsFtpResourceImpl.pas
        $08359B8C  TVfsFillCacheJob.Execute,  line 433 of VfsFileCache.pas
        $0821BD76  TJobResourceThread.Execute,  line 2937 of BcJobs.pas
        $0808C682  iconv_close
        $0806177E  iconv_close,  line 125 of SsCodePage.pas
        $0807216C  ThreadFuncWrapper
        $F79364FF
        $F78AFB9E
    I am running Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit with the required 32-bit libraries installed. I was using 3.1.3 without any problems before I updated to 3.1.4 today and had this error appear. Any help would be appreciated.

I have confirmed this bug and will create a tracker entry for it.

If you have any additional info you would like to send, please email [email protected] and include a link back to this email. Thanks.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I've already taken care of the issue; it will be fixed in the next release. In the meantime I'd suggest switching from Auto/ASCII to binary transfers in your FTP profile. 3.1.3 and earlier didn't do ASCII transfers on Linux correctly anyway, so you're not losing anything.
      Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

I actually already downgraded back to 3.1.3 for the time being and am just going to wait until the next release comes out with the fix before I update it.

Comment

Working...
        X