Clear All

• dug
    replied
    Thanks Aaron. That's what I needed!

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello,

Your current command's syntax needs a couple of tweaks. We do not support calling /qc and script at the same time, so you would need to perform two different actions: /qc, then script, or vice versa, in a batch script.
    bcomp.com /qc "C:\Temp\New\newfile0.tif" "C:\Temp\Old\oldfile0.tif"
    bcomp.com "@c:\bcscript.txt" "C:\Temp\New\newfile0.tif" "C:\Temp\Old\oldfile0.tif"

/QC would allow you to get a return code, and the script will generate the report. You are also missing the "@" required to active script, so that probably isn't working as you expect.

I also strongly recommend avoiding /silent until your script is up and running successfully multiple times. /silent suppresses everything including error messages, which are useful for troubleshooting when something isn't working.

Leave a comment:

• dug
    started a topic Two different return codes from BC3

Two different return codes from BC3

I have a situation where I'm trying to compare .tif files that have been converted from an old system to new. There are a lot of files to compare so I wrote a script to handle it. If the return code is not "0" it writes some info to a log file to follow up on later. But I get different return codes from my script than I do when I compare the same files in the BC3 console. In Windows Explorer, I right click a file and select it as the left file for compare. Then I right click/select the other and get binary equal. But when I run the same comparison from my script, I get a return code of 11. What am I missing?

Here is my command:
    "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Beyond Compare 3\\BComp.com" C:\\Temp\\script.txt C:\\Temp\\New\\newfile0.tif C:\\Temp\\Old\\oldfile0.tif /qc=binary /silent

Here is the content of my 'script.txt':
    picture-report layout:summary output-to:"C:\Archive\BcLog360.html" output-options:html-color "%1" "%2"

Attached are the files I'm comparing to one another.
    Last edited by Aaron; 27-Dec-2013, 09:59 AM.
Working...
X