Data Compare 2 Excel Worksheets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Compare 2 Excel Worksheets

I hope this is the correct forum to ask this. I am very new to BC3, I have looked through the Help file though perhaps I keep missing this. I am comparing to excel files and I see the differences. What I need help with is how to I now create and "save as" the following reports showing:
    a report showing difference between the two flies
    a report showing the similarities between the two files

The file is large and to select each file one at a time is not practical, can I filter somehow? What am i missing?

Thanks for your help I apprecaite you patience

Hello,

If you are in the Data Compare comparing 2 files side by side, you can generate a report using the Session menu -> Data Compare Report, as text, html (can be opened in Excel), and Printer.

If you are on the Folder level, with two folders with the same subfolder and filename structure, you can create a File Name Filter in the Session menu -> Session Settings, File Name Filters tab: switch *.* to *.xls and *.xlsx. Then click ok, and in the main view only those files should be showing. Use the Edit menu (or Toolbar buttons) Expand All, then Select All Files. This should leave you with a selection of all Excel files in the folders, which are aligned left to right with equal file names. You can then use the Actions menu -> File Compare Report to generate a content level report on the selection.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X