Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug: Invalid spaces in Hex Compare

Hey Guys,

Great product! Great Work! Love it and use it everyday, one of my favorite tools.

I came across the following undocumented feature in the beta build. Hopefully you guys will be able to duplicate the issue. When I use the Hex Compare the viewer inserts blank spaces, I'm not sure if this is by design or not. When I load the same file on both sides there are no spaces. Is it by design to show spaces when the files differ. It seems to me there shouldn't be blank spaces ever....

Session: Hex Compare
    Beta Build: Build 462

Steps to Dupe
    ===============
    1. Fire up BC
    2. Use Hex Compare
    3. Load File1 and File2
    4. Verify there are spaces in the Hex View

I included a screenshot from my environment.

What you're seeing is by design. The blank spaces occur across from inserted bytes, similar to the way BC's text compare shows empty lines across from added ones.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks for the quick response and explanation.

Though, one might argue that since the files are exactly the same length then no bytes have been inserted, only changed. In comparison to the text compare, blank lines are only inserted when the number of lines do not map up. In this case there is exactly the same number of bytes, so shouldn't the map 1:1?

Comment

In that case use the Session->Session Settings dialog to edit the alignment settings and change it to "None".
        Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Ah shibby! Thank You Sir!

Comment

Working...
          X