Mirror right - Nothing to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror right - Nothing to do

If I am comparing two folders with the same files, but the case of letters in the file names are different:

Left Side:
    MixedCase.txt
    UPPERCASE.txt
    lowercase.txt

Right Side
    MIXEDCASE.TXT
    UPPERCASE.TXT
    LOWERCASE.TXT

In a Windows environment: If I chose to synchronize (Mirror to right) Cirrus tells me that there is "Nothing to do". Please allow synchronize to be used to correct the case of filenames on one side to match the filenames on the other side. In other words, if two paired files are the same except for case differences in the file names, process the synchronize as a delete then copy.
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Michael,

Thanks for the suggestion. It isn't possible to do this in the current version of Cirrus. Synchronizing filename case is on our wish list.

In the current version of Cirrus, filenames are treated as case insensitive unless they are on an FTP server. For FTP servers, case sensitivity is set in the Tools|FTP Profiles dialog.
    Last edited by Chris; 04-Apr-2008, 09:37 AM. Reason: Changed "case sensitive" to case insensitive
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
      In the current version of Cirrus, filenames are treated as case sensitive
      Did you mean "case insensitive"? If filenames were case sensitive, the synchronize should work.
      BC v4.0.7 build 19761
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

Yes, Chris meant case insensitive.
        Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X