Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RunnerBiker
    replied
    I have waited 5 minutes, but maybe I didn't wait long enough. I'll try some more.

Leave a comment:

• Erik
    replied
    Cirrus is unresponsive while it is performing a search. This can take awhile. If you give it enough time (10 seconds or so on my computer for the scenario you've described), it should finish. In a future release, we'll show a cancellable progress dialog.

Leave a comment:

• RunnerBiker
    replied
    This image shows two files selected. The filenames are different and that makes Cirrus display them on different lines.

As it turns out, it is not significant that the file names be different.

I encountered this problem when I was working with MP3 files that had multiple COMM frames in the tag. I open two files in Hex Compare mode with Alt+A U H.

Then started a search with Ctrl+F. Entered "COMM" in the text to find field and clicked Find. When it found one occurrence, I clicked Find again and many times this would lock up.

Leave a comment:

• Erik
    replied
    Originally posted by RunnerBiker View Post
    The problem seems to occur when the left and right files aren't on the same line, eg they have different file names.
    Sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to say. Could you give a specific example?

Leave a comment:

• RunnerBiker
    started a topic FIND hangs up in Hex Compare

FIND hangs up in Hex Compare

Open a Hex Compare (Alt+A U H)
    Click the mouse in white space where there is not any hex data.
    Start a Find (Ctrl+F)

As I was expreimenting with this, it turns out that you don't have to click in white space. The problem seems to occur when the left and right files aren't on the same line, eg they have different file names.

If the file names are the same, the Find seems to succeed.
Working...
X