Data Compare - lines do not sort / allign correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Compare - lines do not sort / allign correctly

I can't tell why this is happening, but I am comparing two CSV files in Data Compare and some lines do not appear to align the way they should.

They are the same (it's possible the end of line characters differ) line - in fact I open the same two files in BC2 and the lines are aligned correctly.

I tried sorting both files externally to BC3 to see if it may be a sorting problem but this did not correct the problem. Turning on show whitespace did not reveal any mysterious characters lurking about which would account for the difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Is there a way to tell Data Compare to ignore line endings?

Please send your files to [email protected].

Originally posted by danonymous View Post
    Is there a way to tell Data Compare to ignore line endings?
    What exactly do you mean? The kind of line ending is irrelevent to the Data Compare and is always ignored. The existence of a line ending is used to define the end of a row.
    Erik Scooter Software

Comment

Is it possibly a problem with the data being resorted rather than the line endings that is causing the mis-alignment? If you do not want the data to be resorted, go into your Data Compare Session Settings and check the "Unsorted alignment" checkbox. I have saved this as my default setting for data compares and it takes care of most of my .csv alignment issues.
      BC v4.0.7 build 19761
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

I did not get back to this right away and was subsequently not able to reproduce this problem. Please disregard.

Comment

Working...
        X