Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to see debug info for comparisons

I am using a java decompile comparison that runs a process to generate the
    output to compare. I would like to be able to see any messages that processing creates. is that possible? maybe have error out or std out in those cases go to the log based on switch?

Hello,

Have you setup a custom File Format with a custom External Conversion, or are you using one of our external conversion rules? For error messages, we do try to pass back that information to the session, but if it is a custom message, I would suggest saving a separate, appended log file you can check if the conversion fails.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Was doing a tidied Java class compare. I'll need to find the the bat file and paste the contents here. I'll see if saving the conversion messages is possible.

Comment

Would it be our Java Class to Source or Java Class to Source Tidied file formats?
        http://www.scootersoftware.com/downl...oreformats_win

Are you using the latest versions available on our website?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I believe it is. I played around with the order of the associations and moved the tidied version below the non-tidied version with better results. I suspect the extra processing step in the tidied version is running into issues with saving a temp file somewhere it can't in a 2008r2 system (program files directory is locked down unless apps started with admin rights.)

Comment

Hello,

Our external conversions should use your temp directory for the temp file creation. You can also try calling the External Conversion (Tools menu -> File Formats, Java Tidied, Conversion tab) manually from the command line with your own parameters (a source file and temp output .txt file) to see if that works for you.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
            X