CSV Data Compare - Help Me Produce a Delta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSV Data Compare - Help Me Produce a Delta

Today, I had to compare a CSV file created today with one created a month ago. I needed to create a "delta" file with only the "new" rows in it.

Data compare showed me the new rows easily enough, but I haven't found a way to produce a delta file in the original format. Using "Toggle Left Orphans", I'm easily able to select the new rows, copy and paste them, but they're not in the original format - they lack commas, double-quotes, etc.

I'd like a way to make a copy, not of the selected lines, but of the corresponding original text. Pasting that would have produced my delta file.

Alternatively, I'd like to add my vote for producing a difference report in CSV format. While it might not produce the exact same format as the original, it might have been close enough.

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. The Data Compare will produce the TAB delimited text if you copy/paste from it; you would need to use the Text Compare session type if you need to preserve the text as-is. The Text Compare cannot sort based on the Key columns, but you could enable the Sort file format for an overall line sorting (if needed).

Output/Report as CSV is on our Customer Wishlist. I'll add your notes to our entry on the subject.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X