JPEG files still corrupted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JPEG files still corrupted

I anxiously installed the latest update because the changelog said, "fixed corrupt display of JPEG files". However this fix didn't work for the 11-megapixel images taken with my Sony DSC-W350. All pics appear as a series of crisscross gray lines. I've uploaded an example file here:

http://www.produtizacao.com/pub/DSC01891.JPG

Thanks for the report. We expanded our support, but our picture library might still have issues with specific files. I believe that quote from the changelog is from BC 3.2.4. Did you recently update to BC 3.2.4 or 3.3.5? I tested these files with 3.3.5, and the issue is still present, but 3.3.5 will contain a large collection of other bug fixes and enhancements, and is a free update for 3.x users.

I will add this file to our test case collection, if that is alright with you.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Hi Aaron,

Of course you may keep this picture, no problem. I hope this gets fixed soon. I have version 3.3.5.

Comment

Unfortunately, it isn't likely we would be able to address this soon. It's possible we would need to switch out the library that controls how we open pictures, but we'll certainly investigate to see if that is the case. In the meantime, you can use a binary scan from the Folder Compare to determine if the contents of two files are equal, but viewing them would result in the gray, crisscross pattern.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

This is still an issue

In version: 3.3.8, build 16340, I'm still having this issue.

Any chance we'll see it fixed soon?

Thanks

Comment

It isn't likely we will be able to address this with a minor version update to BC3. This is still in our test cases and we have an open tracker entry.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Any chance this will be fixed in version 4?

Comment

It's hard to say at this point. It is not currently handled in the BC4 beta, but we are looking into updating the picture library for BC4. This likely won't make it into the 4.0 launch.
                Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Same problem with showing Image

I have the same problem here where instead of the correct jpg image many square gray pixels and lines are shown.
                  Picture taken by Konica Minolta Dimage A200:

http://www.4shared.com/download/X1I0....JPG?lgfp=3000

Please add this to your test cases.

Comment

sususu,

Thank you for reporting the problem. I tested your image and found it loads correctly in the current Beyond Compare 4 beta.

You can download Beyond Compare 4 beta here:
                    http://www.scootersoftware.com/beta.php?zz=beta4_dl
                    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
                    X