Registry Compare deathly slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registry Compare deathly slow

I've noticed that Registry compare of two .reg files will become unbelievably slow only when the comparison is displaying REG_MULTI_SZ data. Specifically I am comparing data in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib\CurrentLanguage. When displaying the data for that node the GUI is non-responsive 95% of the time. Is there any way (workaround) to speed things up?

Beyond Compare version 3
    Your installed version is 3.3.5 build 15075.

Hello,

On my own machine, that section of the registry is not that slow when compared (either live or as an exported file). Do you have a pair of files you would like to email us at [email protected] so we might investigate further? If you email us, please also include a link back to this forum thread for our reference. A BCSupport.zip (Help menu -> Support; Export) might help as well.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I'm comparing before and after product installation dumps of the entire HKLM tree. Support info and sample data have been sent to the email address listed above.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the sample files. I just emailed back requesting a bit more info. Your files loaded fairly quickly for me, despite being almost 300 megs. I could see where loading this node in the live registry or especially from a registry over the network could take a bit longer. Were you comparing the .reg sample files themselves? How long is "slow"? A minute? Several?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X