Data Compare - sectioned report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Compare - sectioned report

I need a Data Compare report showing separate sections for left orphans, right orphans, and same. Given no orphans filters, is there some semi-manual way in BC I can get this?

Currently I output as HTML, import to Excel, and sort on the unnamed middle column showing the compare result type.

Thanks.
    Last edited by chrisjj; 20-Mar-2013, 05:25 PM.

Hello,

Right click the toolbar and switch the Data Compare's Display filters from Favorites to Toggles. Then toggle the view to show only the items you want (Same, Left Orphans, Right Orphans), then go to the Session menu -> Data Compare Report.

The report will then offer to generate with just the visible items.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      Right click the toolbar and switch the Data Compare's Display filters from Favorites to Toggles... show only the items you want (Same, Left Orphans...
      Thanks. That enables the workaround I need: make separate reports for left orphans,, right orphans and same, and paste them together.

I'd searched for mention of orphans on e menus and toolbars, having forgotten orphan controls are by default hidden from menus and toolbars. Could you pass on my suggestion that Left Orphans and Right Orphans be added to the existing filters on the View menu. With accelerator keys? Thanks.

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      The report will then offer to generate with just the visible items.
      Yup, that adds orphans.

I see 'Report options' like View offers Same and Differences but by default no orphans. How about adding Left Oprhans and Right Orphans there too? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X