Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18414 Reload? dialog breaks repaint

E.g. after ALT+TAB twice:

For despite the option: did you find a case where you had not done edits? You had another forum post, but this one's screenshot does not show the right file gutter, so I cannot verify what it is showing. We can continue discussion in that thread for the dialog.

The repaint issue is likely related to the other drawing issue you are hitting. We can continue that discussions here:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/vbull...00-18414-Bogus
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      For despite the option: did you find a case where you had not done edits? You had another forum post, but this one's screenshot does not show the right file gutter, so I cannot verify what it is showing. We can continue discussion in that thread for the dialog.
      Could we stick to the topic, please? This topic is note about the Reload issue.

The repaint issue is likely related to the other drawing issue you are hitting. We can continue that discussions here:
      Could we stick to the topic, please? That other topic is not about the repaint issue.

Comment

If this is entirely about that issue, then please see the recent update in the original thread and do not create duplicate threads.

From the small screenshots, I thought you were complaining about a painting issue on the right side that seems to be present in them. If that is not the case, then this thread can be closed.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

If this is entirely about that issue,
          Well why would it not be??

then please see the recent update in the original thread
          This is the original thread.

and do not create duplicate threads.
          I didn't create a duplicate thread. I think you misread.

From the small screenshots
          There are no small screenshots in this thread. And those in the other thread are due to your manky forum software. If you can tell me how to avoid this shrinkage of local copy images, please do.

I thought you were complaining
          "Complaining"??? I thought I was helping you fix bugs in your program

about a painting issue on the right side that seems to be present in them. If that is not the case, then this thread can be closed.
          It is the case. As I think should be obvious anyone who reads the Subject. Which FAOD is "18414 Reload? dialog breaks repaint".

BREAKS REPAINT.

Comment

Complaint = "a statement that a situation is unsatisfactory or unacceptable"; not inappropriate here. We welcome constructive complaints.

As you have noted here and the other thread, making changes while comparing a file with itself causes some some funky behavior in BC3. We will look into repeating and fixing this in BC4.
            Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              Complaint = "a statement that a situation is unsatisfactory or unacceptable"; not inappropriate here.
              Then where's the correct forum for bug reports? Where such bugs are unsatisfactory or unacceptable, of course.

As you have noted here and the other thread, making changes while comparing a file with itself causes some some funky behavior in BC3.
              Wrong Tim. I have not noted that in this thread. This thread is about broken repaint. It is not specific to comparing a file with itself.
              Last edited by chrisjj; 09-Sep-2014, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion, Chris. Given the conversation in the 'bogus' thread, and the latest screenshot present, I thought it can evolved into a topic about the paint issue. That is where I posted my replies on the subject before seeing it continue here as well. We've addressed and will investigate the prompt's existence itself, and I believe the other thread has a better screenshot demonstrating the paint issue and already has my notes, so we can continue there.

My definition of complain is not meant to be derogatory. It was a term used to try and dissect the two issues into two talking points: the existence of the dialog and the painting error of the dialog. It has been difficult for me to follow your descriptions this morning, and (despite forum topics) thought you were discussing both issues in both threads as the screenshots represented both issues simultaneously in both threads. I apologize if it came across as offensive.
                Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by chrisjj View Post
                  Then where's the correct forum for bug reports? Where such bugs in are unsatisfactory or unacceptable, of course.
                  This is the correct forum. I didn't say otherwise.
                  Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks Aaron.

This is the correct forum. I didn't say otherwise.
                    Indeed. Sorry Tim - my mistake.

Comment

Working...
                    X