Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Create a 3rd file from 2 way compare with only changes and additions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create a 3rd file from 2 way compare with only changes and additions.

I have 2 files: yesterday's file and today's file. They are comma delimited text files. I want to compare today's file to yesterday's file and create a 3rd file that contains only records that have changed and new records. I don't know where to start for learning.

Any guidance?

Great product! I use it all the time.

Hello,

We do not have a method to generate just this output. You could use the Text Compare's Session menu -> Text Compare Report to output just these lines, but they would also be within a larger report (header information, etc). You could generate an Interleaved or XML report, then use another parsing pass to pull out the needed information. Would a report that includes the header information meet your needs? We have several layout types and customizations.

Using the graphical interface, you could use BC3 Pro's Text Merge session type to merge the 2 files into a third file, but this would also include all of the equal lines (which, you could manually edit/delete out of the output). This is not quite what this session was designed for, however, so I would recommend testing it first to see if this meets your needs. If you own Std, you can trial Pro features without paying for the upgrade:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...?zz=kb_evalpro
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X