Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Store manual results in workspace?

Hi,

I'm a new user of BC. I started with a compare of two PDFs. I marked some lines manually as "ignore" and safed my workspace. At the next start of BC all ignores were lost. Is there a way to save the lastest status, including these manual ignores? I don't want to spend much time in creating automatic filters, as long as I can manually check the differences faster.

Regards,
    Tom

Hello,

The Ignore command is not saved as part of the session or workspace; it is lost after a refresh or reload. If you have specific differences you want to mark as Unimportant for PDF files, we have a KB article and video that will help explain the process of defining a Grammar, and then marking that grammar as Unimportant:
    Beyond Compare is a multi-platform utility that combines directory compare and file compare functions in one package. Use it to manage source code, keep directories in sync, compare program output, etc.

Workspaces save the open windows and tab orientation, and reload the items within them. It's a quick way to restore your entire desktop configuration, but doesn't save the comparison "as is." It re-opens the tabs and refreshes the comparison/files within.
    Sessions are similar, but do not save the Window position or multiple tabs. They are a single tab for a single comparison, similar to a Bookmark. It stores the file/folder locations and any configuration changes in the Session Settings dialog, which controls how the comparison loads.
    Sessions are specific comparisons, while a Workspace is (usually) multiple sessions or favorite window/tab positions.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X